If you should decide to join us we would be delighted! Click the link below to download a copy of the application form, once completed please return to our Membership Secretary whose name and address appear on the bottom of the form.
The subscription fee is £10 for a single member and £15 for family membership. Your remittance should be sent in GB pounds and included with the form and returned to the treasurer/ membership secretary
You can also join or renew through the GENFAIR website but this will cost £11 as opposed to the normal £10 for direct payment to the membership secretary.
- Monthly Meetings held on the second Wednesday of the month in either Thurso Library, Davidson’s Lane, Thurso or the Nethercliffe Hotel, Wick. See Programme page for details.
- Journal published 3 times per year (Hard copy and electronic version)
- Access to the Society’s resources.
- Access to the members area of website.
- Access to the Volunteer Research Team
As its name implies, this network of enthusiastic volunteers give of their time voluntarily during their already busy lives. They are enthusiastic and willing but they cannot do your family tree for you – you need to be as specific as possible with information you supply. There will be a small charge and extraneous expenses for photocopying , certificates etc. will also need to be borne by the person requesting information. This service is for members only and applications need to be in writing. Further details are contained in the Research page of the website.
- Member Only Message area of the website – you enter this area of the site through the link on the Home page with a password provided by the Society
- Reduced Cost publications of Society – The 1901 Parish Census and our graveyard publications are being released as they are transcribed – see publications
- Approved Committee meeting minutes on-line
- Family name interests can be advertised to all members. Currently these can be published in the journal and also within the members section of the website.
- Access to computer, and library facilities in our base at Thurso Libary by arrangement